Heading Into September
As we head into September, I wanted to share some things that are happening around Walton over the next few weeks.
- Walton First Fridays ("Your favorite spots open late!") will have it's "First Friday" on September 2nd, 4:00-8:00pm. Some of the businesses open late this night are: Doog Goods, KIPNZ Gallery, Yarn Over Crafts and Hobbies, The Evolution Store, and YOLO Mercantile. Caroline Fay's Big Little Art Studio (BLAS) will also be having an open studio.
- Bovina Farm Day is Sunday, September 4th, 10:00-5:00.
- KIPNZ has an open call for local artists for two shows.
- Build-a-Bouquet at Birdsong Farms on September 8th @ 6:00pm. An event in support of Eric Ball, a local candidate for State Senate. Free event, donations encouraged.
- The Walton Farmers' Market continues Fridays from 11:00-3:00 through the end of September, though September 2nd will be the last market with live music (duo Bea Summers & Barb Acker).
- The Walton Chamber of Commerce is hosting a Party on the Plaza on September 3rd. Vendor marketplace and kids carnival games, plus live music most of the day.
- Clean Sweep 2022 will be in October, registration required in advance. Please read the full description at the link for more information about this community hazardous waste collection event.
- The Lost Bookshop, a new book store seeking a home in Delhi, will be in residence at Bushel Collective for the month of September. Check it out Saturdays from 12:00-5:00pm. Check out Bushel Collective's latest newsletter for other upcoming events.
- School starts September 7th.
- And since school is starting, the kids program at the library is also resuming. More information about this and other library events in the September newsletter from the Ogden Library.
- Walton Walks for Hunger (sponsored by the Walton Ministerial Association) will be held Sunday, September 25th this year. Get a pledge sheet from any church or Studio 190 if you're walking, or consider sponsoring a friend or neighbor. Most of the money raised stays in our community.
For a bit of fun, we'll sign off with our newest section, Walton Trivia. The answer will be revealed in our next newsletter, which will be coming out in a couple of weeks.
Walton Trivia Question of the Week:
The first mayor of Chicago was born in Walton. What was his first name?
- A) Lyman
- B) Thomas
- C) William
- D) Henry