Independence Day Weekend Events
By Chris Ogden
Happening this Weekend
- The Walton Farmers' Market opens this Friday, July 1st. It will continue every Friday until September, at Veterans Plaza from 11:00am to 4:00pm.
- In addition to all the great vendors, there will be live music from 12:00pm-2:00pm presented by Grant Rogers Project. This week music's will be by Larry Jamieson. (Check out musicians for future weeks.)
- KIPNZ, an art gallery opening at 150 Delaware Street, will have it's opening reception this Saturday, July 2nd, 4:00pm-7:00pm.
- Ty's Taco-ria will be at Awestruck Mill this Saturday, July 2nd, from 5:00pm-8:00pm. Get some excellent tacos and check out the cidery if you haven't had the chance yet.
More upcoming events
- Check out the William B. Ogden Free Library July/August newsletter for a plethora of fun events this summer.
- The Pick-up Soccer in Walton group I organize has regularly been getting 14-24 players this summer, but we'll always welcome new players (adults and high schoolers) of all experience levels.
Happy to add more events to this list! Message The Waltonian on Facebook with any information.